Table top ethanol fireplace have been the huge craze recently. Apart from keeping you warm during the chilly weather, it also does a great job of beautifying your interiors. The drawbacks of keeping a wooden fireplace are also greatly responsible for the popularity of tabletop fireplaces. Although traditional wooden fireplaces are irreplaceable, they also come with a lot of extra hurdles. A wooden fireplace means that you require a ready stock of chipped wood at all times, which means that you will be requiring storage for this firewood.
A wooden fireplace can make your room look cozy and romantic. You can just sit around the fireplace, watching television with your family or cuddling with your loved one. The romance is unmatchable. The downside is that you may get covered in ash and smell like smoke for hours afterward. These fireplaces also do not work properly if you fail to clean up the chimneys regularly, which is not a very pleasant job. So you can quite understand why so many people are turning away from wooden fireplaces.
It may also be quite expensive to install a wooden fireplace. They take up huge spaces and may not be very ideal if you have an already congested room. And moreover, if you are living in a rented house, they are out of the question. Thankfully there are alternatives using bio-ethanol or electricity. Many electricity fireplaces come with a versatile display that can be set as per your preference. They give the authentic feeling of a wooden fireplace while keeping you warm. These fireplaces are also quite cost effective as compared to the traditional wooden hearths.
When you feel like changing the setting of a room, you can go right ahead and do it. Portable fireplaces do not impose any restrictions in regard to this. However, if you have a wooden fireplace, you will be left only with a limited choice of décor. Another great advantage of the portable ethanol fireplace is that you can carry it from room to room very easily. Since it does not need to be attached to wires, you can also take it to patios, porches or decks. If you are looking for a portable table top fireplace, there are a number of reasons why the Moda Flame Cavo tabletop fireplace can be a better option than most others.
- Dimension – 13.8 W x 9.8H x 9.3D
- Weight – 7 pounds
- This table top ethanol fireplace comes with a black rectangular base made out of dusted steel.
- The burner is covered with a protective material to minimize heat corrosion.
- The fireplace is covered by heat tested glass on both the sides.
- The glass panels not only look elegant but also protect the flames from gusts of wind, thus keeping the flame steady.
- The glass panels also shield the flames, thus preventing accidents
- A damper can be placed on top the fireplace to exhaust the flame
- This table top ethanol fireplace comes with a dual burner.
- The flame height can be adjusted as per convenience. The maximum flame height is 6 inches.
- The tank capacity is 0.6 liters. Normally, the adjustment the flame height determines how long the fuel is going to last.
- Depending on use, the fuel can last from 2 to 4 hours.
- The BTU output of the Moda Flame is 4000 units, which is enough to keep you cozy and warm.
- The sleek design of the fireplace gives an elegant touch to any space it is placed on. You can place it on the dining table to make your dinner more interesting.
- The use of glass panels allows for heat to be distributed evenly on all the four sides. You can place it as a centerpiece on the table and sit around.
- The fireplace is perfect for entertaining guests during parties and get-togethers.
- Using the Moda Flame table top fireplace is absolutely simple and hassle free. However, make sure that you read the user manual carefully, especially the warnings and the precautions.
- Assembling and disassembling the fireplace is very simple.
- You don’t have to tear down the fireplace every time you clean it. Hence, cleaning is not a problem at all.
- The ethanol fireplace comes with a protective base which prevents damage to the surfaces it is placed on. Therefore, you can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- The combustion is very clean. No ashes, no smoke, and no soot formation, even on high flames.
- You can use different fuel for different colored flames.
- The wick used for the burner is resistant to high temperatures. This cuts down the necessity to change the wick every once in a while.
- The level of fuel in the tank cannot be seen from outside. This makes it difficult to understand to know when the tank has to be refilled
- Not being able to see the fuel level can also make refilling a quite difficult process. Therefore, it would be helpful if you pour the fuel very slowly so that there is no spilling over.
- The refilling should be done only when the fireplace has cooled down sufficiently, which can actually be quite frustrating.
- The ethanol fireplace cannot be fixed against walls. Therefore, they may be quite inconvenient to use if you have small kids or pets around the house. As it contains highly flammable liquid, it can be quite dangerous even in the unlit condition.
- The glass panels make the fireplace very fragile. A slight toppling over can easily cause breakage.
- The fireplace does not cover the entire room. However, if you are keeping it by the side while reading or watching television, they are great.
The Moda Flame Cavo table top fireplace not only improves the aesthetics but also give out sufficient heat to be used as heating equipment. Given that it just weighs 7 pounds, you can easily carry them around. If you are looking for a blazing fireplace to add warmth to your spaces, you have every reason to pick the Moda Flame Cavo. It is quite durable when handled with proper care and therefore can turn out to be a wise investment.